Reusable Gowns vs DisposableFebruary 26, 2020
- It is already past the time all the nurses wearing the same color in all healthcare facilities.
- Today, hospitals and clinics are more flexible in choosing the color for nurses’ uniforms because they know the importance of color to their brand image.
- Color is expressive and emotional; every color evokes a different feeling or mood for people.
- The color of uniforms will affect not only the nurses’ feeling but also patients’ feeling and emotion.
- While the perception of color is subjective, some effects of colors have universal meanings and effects.
- Understanding the psychological meaning of every color will help you choose the suitable color which can create a right mood, while aligned with your hospital’s brand image.
- Every color evokes different mood and tone for the scrub you are going to wear.
- Before picking a color for scrubs in your healthcare facility, you should think about the meaning behind every color and its effects on professionals’ performance.
- Another factor to consider when choosing color is your hospital brand image: the color of scrubs should blend well with your hospital’s interior design.
- Lets walk through how each color can impact the ‘look and feel’ of your scrubs.
- Scrub used to be white. White has been marked ‘healthcare color’ as it has been considered as the best choice for doctors and nurses for so long until now.
- White has been the most optimal and safest choice because white is a sign of sterility and hygiene.
- White – the color of cleanliness. Meanwhile, white color evokes the neutral, and calm tone for both the patients and nurses.
- However, in practical use, white fabric is subjected to stain and dirt. The white uniform also requires high maintenance to preserve the white color.
- Recently, blue is also a popular choice for nurses due to its meaning and practicality in maintenance.
- Blue is a sign of peace and calmness. It also evokes the feelings of trust, and serenity.
- Blue uniforms create a professional, friendly and trustworthy ‘look and feel’. It is also the color of wisdom and intelligence.
- It is to explain why medical doctors usually have blue scrubs.
- In additions, blue uniforms are pretty easy to maintain the colors.
- Stain and dirt’s are not too visible on blue colors.
- For overall brand image of the hospital, blue uniforms blend pretty well with different interior design styles of hospitals and clinics.
- If you watch the TV series Scrubs or Grey’s Anatomy, you will easily spot that the surgeons wear green scrubs.
- There is a number of reasons that green scrub is picked for operation theater.
- Speaking of meanings of color, the green is a color of peace and harmony, a color of nature.
- The green color also evokes the feeling of refreshment and equilibrium. The green scrub creates friendly and calm feelings for patients.
- Another more important reason to surgeons choose green color for scrubs: the green color creates a much more important impact on the performance of surgeons.
- Green is considered to help doctors see better in the operation theater. On the color wheel, we can see that green is the opposite of red.
- And looking at green or blue colors will help doctors refresh doctors’ vision of red things, which include the bloody internal organs of patients.
- Besides, deep focus on red can lead to distracting green illusions on white surfaces because the white color contains all colors of the wheel including red and green.
- Therefore, if the scrub color is green, the green illusion can be minimized.
- Warm colors like purple has been picked for nurses because the warm colors evoke feelings of warmth and sincere care.
- Purple, the royal color, also creates a feeling of truthfulness and high quality. The purple scrubs make the nurses look much more friendly, and stylish.
- Pink is also one of the favorite colors for nurse scrubs due to its lovely, friendly tone. Pink creates a tone of warmth, and nurturing. It is also a sign of love.
- Pink is usually picked for nurse scrubs in pediatric department where the nurses need trust and acceptance from the little patients.
- Minimalist colors like white and black are never out of fashion.
- Although black is not really as popular as white when it comes to healthcare uniforms, black is still picked by many hospitals due to its color meaning and practicality.
- Black color is a sign of security, emotional safety and efficiency.
- Also, black is a stylish color, which will make you always stylish and professional.
- For practical use, black color is easy for washing and maintenance.